Adding Percentages Manually
It is possible to manually enter the percentages into the stacked chart. This process is slow (you have to do each cell individually), but if you only have a small data set, it might be faster than installing an add-in.
To add the percentage from the table to the chart, do the following in order:
- Click on the data label for the first bar of the first year.
- Click in the Formula Bar of the spreadsheet.
- Click on the cell that holds the percentage data.
- Click ENTER.
You will have to repeat this process for each bar segment of the stacked chart to add the percentages.
Get the latest Excel tips and tricks by joining the newsletter!
Andrew Roberts has been solving business problems with Microsoft Excel for over a decade. Excel Tactics is dedicated to helping you master it. You can read more of his writing on his personal blog at NapkinMath.io.
Join the newsletter to stay on top of the latest articles. Sign up and you'll get a free guide with 10 time-saving keyboard shortcuts!
Other posts in this series...
- Save a Broken Chart with Switch Columns/Rows in Chart Tools
- Build a Better, Cleaner, More Professional Line Chart
- How To Add an Average Value Line to a Bar Chart
- How to Add a Vertical Line to a Horizontal Bar Chart
- How to Add Totals to Stacked Charts for Readability
- How to Show Percentages in Stacked Bar and Column Charts
- Building Charts with Multiple Series and Custom X-Axis
- How to Create Waterfall Charts in Excel